Ph.M, preparing for doctoral studies
Specialised in teacher professional learning in the context of learning communities and interdisciplinary learning in basic education.
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. (B. B. King)
- Inspirational keynotes, lectures and workshops in over 200 events to more than 5000 teachers e.g. in events organised by Finnish Regional Administrative Agencies and universities in Finland, Estonia and Australia.
- Project Manager in Assessment Club development and in-service teacher training project funded by the Finnish National Agency of Education. Delevoper in STEAM education development project.
- On-going research about teacher professional learning in learning communities in a context of trans-disciplinary learning in basic education.
Non-fiction author (e.g. Reseptit OPSin käyttöön / How to Implement Curriculum? 2016)
Education Specialist in Startup High School which provides virtual entrepreneurial studies for students.
- Finnish Representative and developer in Nordic Learning Center Innovation Project.
- Working committee member in Finnish Education Evaluation Centre.
- Educational Adviser in Education for a Changing World research project that explored the intersection of sustainability, well-being and education for a globalised society and a changing planet.
Liinamaa, L., Luostarinen, A. & Peltomaa, I. (2016). Implementation Guide to Interdiscplinary Learning Modules in Basic Education. Ministry of Education and Culture, National Agency of Education, City of Espoo, Otava Folk High School.
Luostarinen, A. & Peltomaa, I. (2016). Recipes of Finnish Curriculum Implementation – Teachers Guide to Succeeding. PS-kustannus.
Peltomaa, I. & Luostarinen, A. (2015). Pack of Methods – Developing the School as Learning Community. Proedugo.
Luostarinen A. (2015). Feedback and feedforward in learning Finnish as a Second Language in Upper Secondary Education. University of Jyväskylä.
Luostarinen, A., Airaksinen, T. & Linturi, H. (2014) Individual Paths in Personalized Learning. Futura 3/2014, (Special issue: Future of Learning).
Ovaska, J., Rongas, A., Luostarinen, A. & Kekkonen, T. (2014). Ilmioppi - Guide to Interdisciplinary Phenomenon Based Learning for Educational developers. ESR, Suomen eOppimiskeskus, Otavan Opisto 2014.
Rongas, A., Laaksonen, R., Luostarinen, A. & Kekkonen, T. (2014). Ilmiöopas - Experiences and Reflections of Interdisciplinary Phenomenon Based Learning. Hämeenlinnan kaupunki.
From Individualistic Teacher Culture Towards Learning Community
FCER 2018, Tampere, Finland (Finnish Conference of Educational Research)
Tackling the Myths of Education: The Implementation of Multidisciplinary
Learning Modules in Finnish Curriculum Reform
ECER 2018, Bolzano, Italy (European Conference of Educational Research)
Finnish Education in Movement – Implementing the New National Core Curricula
2018, University of Iceland
Implementing multidisciplinary learning modules in Finnish curriculum reform – tackling the myths of education
2017, ICCR (International Centre for Classroom Research), University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia